Wednesday, December 31, 2008

J-Yah Strikes Again

Cousin J-Yah is an inveterate garage sale shopper; she cruises garage sales almost every Saturday morning and finds wonderful things for a song. When she sees culinary bargains, she often thinks of me.

This was her latest find, a handled metal basket for grilling veggies and cubed meats on the barbecue. I can't wait to try it out - I'm already imagining the smoky taste of grilled zucchini and mushrooms.

Because you often have good ideas that you are willing to share with me, I thought I'd also ask if you have any favorite ways to use a pan like this? I know it's winter and not exactly barbecue weather but think of it as a way to recapture those delicious memories of summer.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Chestnuts, it looks just perfect for roasting chestnuts over a fire.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

J-Yah is magic. I finally bought myself one of those spice infuser-balls like she scrounged for you.
And! I have this grill pan. No reason why you shouldn't cook outdoors this time of year, though the last time we used ours, it was for summer squash.
Morgan is rather clever, though, wouldn't you say?

Wednesday, December 31, 2008  
Blogger Deetsa said...

Lucky girl to have such a cuz. You make me crave bbq now.

Happy New Year to you and yours from us and ours. Heaven Bless for 2009!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008  
Blogger liteluvr said...

Those are awesome. I have one I've used numerous times. They're great for shrimp, etc that can fall between the grates too.

Have a Happy New Year!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008  
Blogger Katie Zeller said...

Just toss the stuff with a bit of oil and whatever flavor sounds good at the time! But not too much oil, we like to keep fires to a minimum.
Now I have to go look at the dog...

Thursday, January 01, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Morgan, that's inspired! Now all I need is a fire - maybe in the barbecue as we have no fireplace?

Cookiecrumb, yes, Morgan's idea rocks! But, I'll try yours, too, but perhaps with butternut or kabocha at this time of year...

Nerissa, oops, sorry, I know it's not bbq weather where you are! Thanks for the New Year's wishes - right back at ya!

Liteluvr, shrimp! Another fine idea, thanks! And Happy New Year to you, too!

KatieZ, thanks for the warning about the oil... I might not have thought of that!

Thursday, January 01, 2009  
Blogger Anna Haight said...

Pizza, depending on the size and slope of pan.

Saturday, January 03, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home