Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Last Bite

I have been in the habit, ever since I was a small child, of saving the best bite of dinner for last. I love ending a meal with the savoriest, tastiest bit on my plate, a sort of gustatorial "ta-da!" that rounds out the experience.

My problem last night was deciding which was the best bite of these two killer offerings, the lively lemon shrimp or the slightly spicy roasted broccoli from the recipe I found on The Wednesday Chef and loved.

Maybe this isn't a decision bearing the gravitas of finding peace in the Middle East or solving the worldwide financial crisis that is daily shrinking my retirement funds (that's what we have a fine, young President for), but in my little life, it was a biggie - and impossible to resolve. So, I cut both in half, loaded a bit of each onto my fork, and enjoyed two eye-rolling last bites. TA-DA!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Saving the last, best bit just meant it got fliched by a faster sibling, when I was growing up.
It was very good, wasn't it, we had ours with lovely brown rice.

Thursday, January 22, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Morgan, I was a vicious little bugger as a child and the other, although older, feared my fork if they tried to get my last bite! :-)

Friday, January 23, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home