Monday, September 15, 2008

He Loves Me!, Part One

At the risk of being scorned like poor Sally Field, who took such a drubbing from the press for her remark upon receiving her Academy Award, I'll paraphrase her by saying, "My Beloved loves me! He really loves me!"

I know this because he orders bacon to be delivered to me when he's out of town on business. Sometimes he sends flowers, too, but this time it was cob-smoked bacon from Dakin Farm. Vermont bacon. Is it any wonder the guy makes me feel swoony?

Two packets of this bacon arrived on our doorstep this past week, packed into a box with another surprise, about which I will write tomorrow.

This bacon is deeply smoky and lightly salty. I used some of it to make Jamie Oliver's chicken Caesar salad, the one with chicken legs roasted over torn up bread and topped with his Caesar salad. The bacon was so smoky that its flavor invaded the chicken and improved what I thought was a virtually perfect dish.

I made it for My Beloved's homecoming - to show him that I'm nuts about him, too!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

Bacon is sooo much better than flowers.

Monday, September 15, 2008  
Blogger Kitt said...

How thoughtful! That's a most excellent thing to find on your doorstep. And on your plate.

Monday, September 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'd swoon with delight if I got bacon instead of flowers! I'll have to hint to my husband.

Monday, September 15, 2008  
Blogger Michelle said...

I think I would marry my husband all over again if he sent me bacon!! You really ARE the luckiest! And I've been wanting to try that salad because it looks and sounds just absolutely amazing - I think it was a proper homecoming return for such a wonderful gift!

Monday, September 15, 2008  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

WOW! He really is a man among men - a rare jewel. Flowers AND bacon. What a guy!

Monday, September 15, 2008  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

I'd be happy with just the bacon, flowers are all very nice ... but bacon is better.
Oh, just made myself laugh with visions of a bride's boquet of bacon.

Monday, September 15, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, you're sooo right, although I have to admit as a former florist, I love the bloomies, too!

Kitt, amen to that!

Mrs. I, send him a link!

Michelle, I'll be posting in more detail about the salad in a day or two.

Nancy, he's one in a Buzzillion!

Morgan, love the bacon bouquet! Where do you come up with these ideas?

Tuesday, September 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home