Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Subtle Summer Quencher

I continued to subscribe to Sunset magazine even when I lived in the east - the gardening advice was no earthly use to me there but the recipes were always inspirational and the rest of the magazine was nostalgic. Now that I'm back in the west, I can enjoy the whole magazine, back to front, as soon as it arrives each month.

In a recent issue, they gave the recipe for a relaxing summer drink. Not having any "dried culinary lavender" on hand, I skipped that and just used the chamomile tea and mint. All you do is add about two chamomile tea bags and a cup of mint leaves, crushed in your hand, to about a quart of water and stick it in the refrigerator for a few hours. After you fish out the tea bags and the mint leaves, you are left with a lightly golden, mild and minty iced tea that really is refreshing and relaxing. I've been drinking it for weeks now and getting more and more mellow by the minute.

Or, maybe it's retirement that's so relaxing?

In any case, give this tipple a try - it's truly a summer pleasure.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

Could it be retirement? Naaaaa...it's got to to be the mint in the tea. Right? You know, retirement is not only relaxing, it's also the fountain of youth. I went to my dentist the other day and he complimented me on how much young I am looking. 63 is now the new 43. Or something like that!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh that sounds great! I'll try makign that tonight.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Nancy, sounds like a flirty dentist to me! Maybe he's interested in more than your oral health? :-)

Sara, I think you'll enjoy it! I read a little about your life on your blog and you're _busy_!

Thursday, June 26, 2008  
Blogger Anna Haight said...

I adore mint tea! And I've had a friend give me a gift of my favorite magazine, Sunset, continuously since I left home for college! Wonderful ideas between those covers!

Friday, June 27, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Anna, I recently found some lavender but I actually prefer the tea without it - enjoy!

Saturday, June 28, 2008  
Blogger Denise | Chez Danisse said...

mmmm mmmm. that looks tasty. i need a water alternative. i love water, still and sparkling, but sometimes it gets a bit boring and i'm no fan of soda. thanks.

Saturday, June 06, 2009  
Blogger Denise | Chez Danisse said...

i made some yesterday evening and let it steep overnight. i just tasted it and it's really good--very fresh and clean tasting. thanks!

Tuesday, June 09, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home