Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Waiting For The Repairman...

I had to be home for a four-hour window in which the dishwasher repairman was coming to look at our aging and ailing dishwasher. Secretly hoping that this one is past repair so I can justify the purchase of a new one that actually washes dishes and that doesn't immediately negate the possibility of conversation once it starts, still I felt compelled to see if the old one could be returned to useful service for the relatively minor cost of repair vs. replacement.

Whiling away the hours, I found in the fridge this dollop of egg salad left over from my lunch with Cookiecrumb and Moonbear, the perfect mid-day snack to interrupt the boredom. Turns out it's a good thing to invite food bloggers to lunch - they bring wonderful munchies along with them!

Moonbear's backyard hens produced the makings for this lovely salad from eggs so fresh that they had to be scooped out of their shells rather than peeled. That's a fascinating fact that I learned while Moonbear was mixing up the egg salad in my kitchen. Cookiecrumb brought a wonderful salad, too, which I'm hoping she will post about as it was beautiful as well as tasty. All I did was stand back, point out where the kitchen implements were, and sit down to a delicious lunch with them!

And, the next day, to another lovely meal. My hat's off to the hens! Now, if that dratted repairman would just come...

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello! :)
The thing white is cream? And bread is bread of chocolate?

Tuesday, June 17, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Hi, Elena. No the creamy stuff is egg salad (a mixture of chopped egg and mayonaise) and it is resting on dark whole wheat bread.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008  
Blogger Chilebrown said...

Jeese Louis, You are hanging out with all the Beautiful people and having lunch.
Thursday, Ms.Goofy and I are going to hit the Marin market around 11:oo. Be there or be Square.
I will be the large Meat Genius!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Chilebrown, where would I find you if I make it to the market? I'm currently having furnace problems but if it gets fixed in time, I'd love to meet you and Ms. Goofy.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008  
Blogger Moonbear said...

How fine to see the work of hens,
Captured in the camera lens,
On bread hand made and whole of wheat,
What you see is what you eat!

You're terrific, Zoomie. Good luck finding the quietest dishwasher available.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Moonbear, I'm impressed with your poetry! You go, girl, you're on a roll! And the repairman fixed the "vintage" machine so no new quiet one yet...

Wednesday, June 18, 2008  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Moonbear:

I eated some.
It was yum-yum.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home