Saturday, June 7, 2008

Gift of the Gods

After such a sumptuous meal, I had no room for dessert so I just ordered coffee and contented myself with watching my brother, who is an amazing trencherman, devour his rich confection.

As a surprise from the chef (there was an amuse bouche to start, as well, which I forgot to photograph), we were served a tiny bowl of yuzu gelee topped with shreds of basil and a single, ripe blackberry. Lovely, lively, light, refreshing, the perfect ending to one of the best meals it has been my pleasure to savor. It wasn't just good - it was San Francisco good! High praise, indeed.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Chilebrown said...

Trenherman is a word that is not used very often these days.I think that is a great word. I used to read Bill Fiset from the Oakland Tribune. He would always mention Bozo Miller. He was the original Trenherman as far as I am concerned. I met him, as a teenager,at the Elegant Farmer in Jack London
Square. He was a big man!

Saturday, June 07, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Chilebrown, my bro is not a big man but he has a hearty appetite!

Sunday, June 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home