Sunday, June 1, 2008

Lovers' Moons

My Beloved and I have a long history with what we call the Mystery Restaurant - when we were reconnecting after almost 30 years apart, we kept trying to get to this restaurant but would end up mysteriously - ahem - not getting there.

Now that we are old married folks of many years, we get there fairly often and have never had a bad meal in 12 years. Its real name is Salute and it's in the Marina Bay area of Richmond. It has a beautiful marina view with San Francisco silhouetted across the bay, quirky waiters and solidly good food.

The last time we made it there, I ordered the lobster mezzelune di aragosta, generous half moon raviolis filled with lobster and ricotta cheese, and presented in this attractive fan with red and green accents. The waiter told us his life story charmingly while taking our order and the moon was full and bright that night. While I loved all the times we tried to get to Salute before we actually made it, I'm happy that we finally did.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

I've been ordering those ravioli for years. I look at other things on the menu and say to myself, "But you know the mezzalune are going to be great so why risk it with anything else?"

Tuesday, June 03, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, I know what you mean but the salmon, the lamb shanks, the pastas are all good! Reasonably priced, too.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home