Tuesday, June 3, 2008

East Coast Fish

This doesn't look like much - the restaurant, Friends & Company on the Boston Post Road in Madison, Connecticut, was dark - but it was one of the best meals I enjoyed back east. Simple but full of flavor, a nice piece of salmon was encased along with green beans, slices of red bell pepper and chunks of redskin potatoes in a sheet of parchment paper and baked. Opening the parchment to release the fragrant steam is like opening a gift - delicious anticipation! I might have added a little dill to the mix but even without it, this was a great way to prepare moist, perfectly cooked fish. I've never tried this technique at home even though I have a big box of parchment paper languishing in my drawer - this will be inspiration for a number of simple summer meals!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger ChrisB said...

You should give this a try. It is so easy, I've done it a few times and it is a very healthy way to cook. In fact I must do it more often!

Wednesday, June 04, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

ChrisB, thanks for the encouragement - I will try it today!

Wednesday, June 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home