Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sea Green Soup

Because I remembered, just as the last shrimp was being consumed at our Father's Day feast, Cookiecrumb's admonition to save all your crustacean shells, I threw all the tails in the fridge, never realizing how glad I would be to have them in the house.

You see, Cranky's gentle recipe for shellfish broth, plus a few fresh peas, snow pea pods and a little green onion, make a great re-entry into the world of eating after a nasty bout of food poisoning.

Not sure where I picked that up but it was ugly.

I made the broth to his recipe except I didn't have fennel fronds so I added a few anise fronds from my wild plant outside the front door.

Tasty. Goes down easily. Stays down. Yes, please. I'm going back to bed now.




Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Kitt said...

Oh, bummer! Food poisoning is the worst. Feel better soon!

That soup looks delicious.

Thursday, June 19, 2008  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

Feel better soon! Ginger tea is good for stomach ills; I highly recommend it.

Thursday, June 19, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Thanks, Kitt, I was better the next day but still shaky. All better now.

Nancy, thanks for the ginger tea tip. I just drank plain water for two days, trying to get re-hydrated. Oh, and the soup!

Thursday, June 19, 2008  
Blogger Anna Haight said...

So sorry to hear you were bitten by the food poison bug! Hope you are better soon!

Thursday, June 19, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Thanks, Anna. Luckily food poisoning only lasts a short time.

Friday, June 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home