Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Skinny Little Shrooms

Since tomatoes seem to be suspect these days, I'm sticking with green salads until the FDA figures out where the nasty ones came from. So, on Father's Day, when I was making dinner to celebrate two of my favorite Dads, I used a combination of red leaf lettuce, butter lettuce, frisee, green onions and red Swiss chard stems for crunchy color (pure serendipity that they matched the napkins so well) but, it wasn't really beautiful until I added the skinny little shrooms. I love these enoki mushrooms for their weird shape, mild taste and for the white fireworks they add to almost any dish. Plated on my favorite fused glass plates and over my mother's china, it made quite a pretty picture!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

What a great idea - I confess that I never though of adding those mushrooms to a salad.
Did the repair man ever come?

Wednesday, June 18, 2008  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

How beautiful!
I love enokis.
I also love learning your aesthetics; those glass plates, for instance.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Nancy, yes, he came and he fixed the problem in less than half an hour and even relatively cheaply! I can recommend Galvin Appliance in Albany.

Cookiecrumb, I'll use them next time you come over. Faves that I've had a long time and never tired of.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home