Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Bachelorette Dinner

Whenever My Beloved is away on a business trip, I take a vacation from cooking and scrounge whatever I can find in the fridge. Here's what I found today, a favorite combo, fat-free cottage cheese and unsweetened apple butter.

W
hen I was a kid, my mother invented this as a healthy snack to wean me off my then-favorite, cottage cheese and Concord grape jelly. I know, I know! Revolting! Looking back, I can hardly believe I loved that! More recently, with the addition of Four K Farms apple butter to my life, this concoction has gotten even more nutritious than it was when I was buying a national brand.

I've posted about this before but it was a long time ago. Hope you won't mind the reminder. Easy dinner for the grass widow.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

Cottage cheese and apple butter...sounds interesting although I'm not a fan of cottage cheese with jam or jelly. Have you tried it with sausa or scrambling it in the egg whites for a healthy egg breakfast. I think that one of my favorite ways to eat is as a sandwich filling: mix drained cottage cheese with a spoon of IMO sour cream, dill, green onions and lemon pepper. Eat on whole wheat bread or use as a topping for baked potatoes. I've even had it on whole wheat pasta which I then topped with a bit of Parmesan cheese. It's good enough that I don't resent the healthy eating part.
You must think that I live to leave little message in your blog. Well, it may appear so but not really. Really! Right now, I'm waiting for a layer of watercolor to dry before I apply the next wash of color. What's a woman to do during creative down time?

Wednesday, May 07, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Nancy, not to worry, I'll let you know if I start to feel stalked! Good luck with your painting.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008  
Blogger Katie Zeller said...

Mine is tuna hot dish made with Cream of Chicken Soup and white wine... Don't tell anyone...
Since I can only get the Soup in Andorra... and mon mari is rarely away for dinner, I don't get it very often...

Saturday, May 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home