Monday, April 28, 2008

Salad Weather

We've had seriously sunny weather for the past month or more but only a few days warm enough to tempt me to make a salad. I'm one of those who looks askance at salads in the cooler months. We're on a warming trend according to the (notoriously erroneous) weatherman, so I took a chance and concocted this from what we had in the house. Nothing very innovative; I'm more of a follower than a leader.

Nice, leafy lettuce with red edges. Sweet little tangerines. Voluptuous avocado. Crisp scallions. Sprightly fresh mint leaves. Savory Dijon vinaigrette. Happy people.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

Salad, delicious salad. I made one for my self today but it was a bit heartier than your's. I had homemade lentil salad, garnished with cherry tomatoes, green onions and slivers of goat cheese. But then, it's cooler in SF than across the bay so I needed heavier food to keep up my strength. Painting is such rigorous work, don't you know?

Monday, April 28, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

NamasteNancy, I must admit that this salad was not our main course. We bad. Very bad.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home