Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Rosemary's Babies

With our omelets at our "Make Your Own Masterpiece" party, we had these little beauties, roasted fingerling potatoes with fresh rosemary from the garden.

This isn't really rosemary season at my house as my rosemary bush is flowering and it usually tastes a little better when it's not busy attracting bees and hummingbirds, but needs must, so I sallied forth with my kitchen shears anyway and did find just enough new sprigs to flavor a pan of fingerlings rolled in a little extra virgin olive oil and roasted in their skins for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

These are the last four left from the pan, rescued for just long enough to photograph them. Mmmm, spuds and fall - a match made in heaven.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

Those look tasty, not possessed in the least bit.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007  
Blogger Peter M said...

Zoomie, good looking food in your blog. I squeezed in some time today for blog surfing after I received a "gift in the mail" and I spent half the day unraveling it!

Feel free to email me and thank you for the smile!

Tuesday, December 04, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, ha! I'm glad you got the reference! :-)

Peter M, glad you liked it! I'll look forward to reading more on your lovely blog and to reading the post when you use the stuff in the middle of the surprise ball!

Tuesday, December 04, 2007  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I hear ya on that spud/fall connection!
Tonight I just might make some latkes. (I'm always borrowing the food of other cultures' holidays.)

Tuesday, December 04, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, I'd be interested to know how you do them. I had some at Max's a week or so ago that were not great - too greasy. I'll bet yours are good!

Tuesday, December 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home