Sunday, November 25, 2007

Flyaway Chicken Salad

I was so excited - My Beloved and I were flying to Michigan for the Thanksgiving holiday to surprise my dear friend Wenirs and her husband, arriving with her son with whom we were in cahoots and being picked up by her daughter, who was in on the surprise. Months of planning and skullduggery had at last come to fruition!

But, what to do with all those foods left in the fridge that were bound to spoil while we were away for five days?

I threw them all together for this Flyaway Salad of apples, chicken, lettuce, celery, thyme, some pine nuts that were threatening to go rancid, and a few anise seeds from my rapidly drying volunteer plant in the garden. It was delicious and so satisfying not to return home to a bunch of mystery leftovers of uncertain wholesomeness!


3 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

Get out of my head! lol

I made chicken salad this weekend that I had for lunch today. Mine had green onions, celery, pecans, dried cranberries and some tarragon.

Monday, November 26, 2007  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

My mum would call that chicke whomp.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, maybe we are twins who were separated at birth?

DMM, "Whomp"? For the sound it makes when it hits the plate? :-)

Tuesday, November 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home