Saturday, November 17, 2007

Single Diner Dinner

Occasionally, when his sales managers are in town, My Beloved has dinner out with them and I'm on my own to scrounge supper out of the fridge. I don't much like to cook when it's just me.

On a recent occasion, I considered and rejected poached eggs on toast, repurposed (love that word!) pork loin and plannedover turkey breast sandwich. All were fine, sure, why not, okay - but none were truly tempting.

Rummaging through the crisper drawer, I struck metaphorical gold - three celery sticks - the goldy-green ones that are near the center of the head.

Eureka! Slather a little super chunky peanut butter down the centers and you have a snacky dinner worth waxing literary about!

5 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Such staging for your photo! Brilliant.

Saturday, November 17, 2007  
Blogger peter said...

I feel the only defense against metastatic corporate jargon is to use it ironically- or repurpose it, if you will.

Saturday, November 17, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, actually a towel that a friend gave me, with a quote from "Pride and Prejudice." Don't ask me why it was to hand in the kitchen when I took the picture!

Peter, brilliantly tongue-in-cheek. Love it!

Saturday, November 17, 2007  
Blogger Vicki said...

Love the bee on the plate!

Saturday, November 17, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Vicki, I get more compliments on those plates than any others! Just caught up on your blog - glad the fires didn't reach you last month!

Sunday, November 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home