Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Shock of the Yellow

I know, I know, another blurry photograph, but it's not about the clarity, it's about the astonishing color!

We bought this egg from the Marin Sun Farms store on the road between Olema and Point Reyes Station a week or so ago when we drove out on a lovely sunny Saturday to poke through the waning farmer's market and the little shops in town. When I cracked it open this morning, the deep yellow of the yolk was literally shocking - I have never seen one so yellow!

Wish I could report on the superior taste but all I needed was a bit of the white to color up the crust I was making for my pear and apple croustade, so we'll have to wait to hear about that, but isn't the color alone delicious?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope things have gone well with your sister - what is the latest news?

Wednesday, November 07, 2007  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

My sister has her own pet chickens, so she gets eggs like that every day - I oooze envy.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Anonymous, she came through the surgery well and I actually talked to her yesterday. She's tired and a little shaky but fine! Thanks for asking.

DMM, oh, yes, oozy envy, indeed! And you can get the chicken poop for your garden, lucky you!

Thursday, November 08, 2007  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Brilliant that you chose a purple dish to photo it on.

Thursday, November 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could get eggs like that around here!

Thursday, November 08, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, that was total serendipity - just used that bowl to separate the egg - but a great result, no?

Mrs. I, keep looking for free-range eggs and I expect you will find them near you!

Thursday, November 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home