Wednesday, November 7, 2007

It's Back!

One of the small joys of fall for us is the return of Odwalla tangerine juice to the store coolers. My Beloved discovered this stuff about five years ago and we have eagerly awaited fall ever since. We love this sweeter citrus juice but the season is short, as in all good things!

This particular batch includes orange and tangelo juice, according to the label, so it was mildly tangy, fresh and lively.

I'm a great believer in getting as much of one's nutrition as possible from good, fresh foods. We need to keep our Vitamin C levels high as the cold and flu bugs we have read about this year are nasty - and you know the body doesn't store C so continuous infusions are necessary. Go get yourself some of this yummy medicine and toast the return of fall!

5 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

Thanks for the heads up. I love tangerine juice. I'm going to need to pick some up this week.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007  
Blogger peter said...

I'm always conflicted about citrus season, since it all has to be flown or driven here from warmer places but it's so good (and healthy) in winter. And so useful in the kitchen.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, aren't we lucky?

Peter, here in CA we know they are grown in our state, anyway. Maybe not within the 100 mile ideal limit, but reasonably close. Where you are, the Native Americans brewed a wonderful, tangy tea from the fuzzy red berries of staghorn sumac - higher in Vitamin C, I understand, than even lemons! I've tried it when I lived in NY State and it's good!

Wednesday, November 07, 2007  
Blogger Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Tangerine juice is my favorite summer drink... actually a tangerita is my most fav.

Friday, November 09, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Sandi, tangerita? Is that like a Margarita but with tangerine juice. Sounds so good it's dangerous!

Sunday, November 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home