Friday, November 16, 2007

Lemony Snood

Geez, another yellow post! I seem to be on a yellow kick. Is it because my friend the sun is appearing later and leaving earlier each day now? Each year, we watch it travel from behind the Golden Gate Bridge (in late December) to disappear out of sight beyond the right shoulder of Mount Tam (in late June) and I miss it so much this time of year, when it makes only a brief daily appearance.

If you're a regular reader of Zoomie Station, you have probably figured out that I'm a lemon freak. My motto is, "When in doubt, add lemon." I add lemon to salads, salad dressings, chicken, seafood, desserts - you name it, I love lemon on it. I even ordered lemon cake (with raspberry sauce and buttercream icing) for our wedding.

So, when I discovered in one of those fancypants cooking stores these little elasticized muslin hairnets to keep the lemon pips out of whatever I'm cooking, I bought a bag of them and brought them home.

This is a gadget I can recommend. Not only does it take up virtually no room in the gadget drawer (bet you have one, too - hope it's not as jumbled as mine!), they really work and they can be rinsed and reused several times before the elastic relaxes or the fabric tears, most satisfactory lemony snoods.

And, if you hold the lemon so clothed up to the light and squint just right, you can imagine that it's the returning sun. Can't you, huh, please?

4 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

I must get some of those. Oh, and I think that lemons are fine just by themselves. As a kid, I'd pick them off my dad's cousin's tree and sit under the tree eating them much in the same manner that most folks eat oranges.

Thursday, November 15, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Wow, Dagny, were they Meyer lemons or the really tart kind? I'm impressed!

Saturday, November 17, 2007  
Blogger Dagny said...

I'll have to ask her. The tree is now gone. I want to think that they were Eureka or something similar because I remember them as being really tart. And all the while my mom would be screaming, "Stop doing that. Do you know what all that acid is doing to the enamel on your teeth?"

Sunday, November 18, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, Mom's are like that - it's how they say, "I love you." Bizarre, but it seems to come with the Mom territory.

Sunday, November 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home