Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Love, Italian Style

Wasn't there a corny TV show called "Love, American Style" back in the '70s? I have a dim memory of such. Anyway, here's my riff on that title, my new saute pan from Italy. Is this cool, or what? I'm loving the very graphic enameled decoration - get a little smile each time I use it.

MB and I have several small saute pans like this - we seem to need multiples of this size - so I didn't even feel a twinge of guilt at snagging this one even though I knew it was as much for the decoration as for the cooking.

Andronico's. Berkeley (thank you, Dagny). They had several styles. About 10 bucks, not much to pay for a guaranteed smile and a taste of Euro style.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

I guess the show was an early 70s show although in my mind I always want to think of it as being the late 60s.

As for the pan, cool. Except Andronico's does not have any locations in Albany. The Solano Avenue store is actually in Berkeley.(When you have passed the Safeway or thereabouts, you have left Albany for Berkeley.) That makes three store locations in Berkeley -- the home of Andronico's if I am not mistaken.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007  
Blogger Katie Zeller said...

I remember that show... And they even did a remake, or tried to!
Love the pan...one can never have too many..or so I keep telling mon mari!

Wednesday, November 14, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, seems you remember that cheesy show, too!

KatieZ, American bonding over silly shows!

Wednesday, November 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home