Thursday, November 15, 2007

Falling for Pork

What do you do with yet another early fall dinner of boneless loin pork chops to jazz them up? We usually open a cup of applesauce to accompany our pork but, somehow, this time it just didn't seem exciting enough. In that frame of mind, I remembered that I still have a few of the Golden Delicious apples from Cookiecrumb and Cranky so I improvised on the apple theme.

I peeled, cored and chopped one of the apples and sauteed it in a little butter along with an onion of similar size, also chopped. The resulting "salsa" was flavorish but not memorable, so I dove into the fridge for the last licks of a jar of Stonewall Kitchens New England Cranberry Relish and stirred about 2 teaspoons of that gorgeous stuff into the gmish in the pan. The prominent orange peel taste combined with the sweet-tart cranberry goodness really made the difference. Yummy stuff to spoon over our plain grilled pork slices to make us fall for pig all over again.


Blogger cookiecrumb said...

How neat! You made semi-local chutney.
Makes me hungry.

Thursday, November 15, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Interesting - I had not thought of it as chutney but I guess it kind of is! Tasty, in any case!

Thursday, November 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home