Thursday, November 15, 2007

Falling for Pork

What do you do with yet another early fall dinner of boneless loin pork chops to jazz them up? We usually open a cup of applesauce to accompany our pork but, somehow, this time it just didn't seem exciting enough. In that frame of mind, I remembered that I still have a few of the Golden Delicious apples from Cookiecrumb and Cranky so I improvised on the apple theme.

I peeled, cored and chopped one of the apples and sauteed it in a little butter along with an onion of similar size, also chopped. The resulting "salsa" was flavorish but not memorable, so I dove into the fridge for the last licks of a jar of Stonewall Kitchens New England Cranberry Relish and stirred about 2 teaspoons of that gorgeous stuff into the gmish in the pan. The prominent orange peel taste combined with the sweet-tart cranberry goodness really made the difference. Yummy stuff to spoon over our plain grilled pork slices to make us fall for pig all over again.

2 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

How neat! You made semi-local chutney.
Makes me hungry.

Thursday, November 15, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Interesting - I had not thought of it as chutney but I guess it kind of is! Tasty, in any case!

Thursday, November 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home