Thursday, November 22, 2007

Free Rice

My friend the Evil Empress sent me a link to this word game; playing the game donates grains of rice to hungry people in the world (the reason they don't just donate the rice is that the site has very small ads at the bottom which pay for the site. I'm happy to contribute to this kind of capitalism if it will buy food for those in need).

What could be better for a bunch of food writers to play - a game involving vocabulary improvement and food?

Follow this link, friends, play the game and, if you think it's a good idea, bookmark it to return often and help others to eat, maybe not as well as we food bloggers do, and at least not to go to bed hungry.

http://www.freerice.com/index.php

Happy Thanksgiving!


5 Comments:

Blogger Katie Zeller said...

I've played...and played...
I really should be banned from games, maybe I'd get somethng else done!

Thursday, November 22, 2007  
Blogger Dagny said...

That game is highly addictive.

Thursday, November 22, 2007  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

Yes, that is one addictive game. I think I'll put the link up on my blog as well; since it's in a good cause, you can't have too many links.

Thursday, November 22, 2007  
Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

Great post and placement.
PS: Do you know where one can purchase a Country style Japanese apron... (with sleeves and double tie?) On line source would be ideal, as there's not a good Japan town in my part of the Southwest.

Thursday, November 22, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

KatieZ, me, too - can't seem to stop!

Dagny, KatieZ and I agree!

NamasteNancy, join the club - we all seem to be unable to stop playing!

KnittingPainterWoman, welcome! No, I don't have an online source for the Japanese aprons but if I find one, I'll drop a note on your blog. Great knitted things, by the way!

Friday, November 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home