Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Simple Summer Pleasures

All year long, I wait for summer sandwiches. I dream of my favorite, ripe avocado and ripe tomato on toasted whole wheat English muffins. Or like these that I made last week - a stack of thin-sliced bread and veggies.

The best summer sandwiches are simple. You don't need more than a thick slice of really ripe tomato (the ones in my garden are still green, but nice ripe ones have been showing up in the farmer's markets recently) or thin slices of cucumber to makes a deliriously good summer sandwich.

Because I have had my homemade unsliced loaves, I can carve the bread super-thin for the best sandwiches. A swab of mayo, pile on the veggies, and you're home free. Fill a glass with iced cubes, pour over some iced tea or coffee, take your lunch out into the sunshine, and enjoy summer while it's here.

4 Comments:

Anonymous jann said...

I'll walk the dog for a chance at some of that. :)

Wednesday, August 07, 2013  
Blogger Greg said...

Hot fun in the summer time! I'm going to make a sandwich now.

Wednesday, August 07, 2013  
Blogger Diane said...

simple is good. lovely.

Wednesday, August 07, 2013  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Jann, for you, I'd make some even if you didn't offer to walk the dog. :-)

Greg, I know you love sandwiches.

Diane, agreed.

Thursday, August 08, 2013  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home