Sunday, July 15, 2012

Oooh-La-La!

A couple of weeks ago, Greg showed us his French Onion burger, and I've been drooling over that post ever since. I even went so far as to make his roasted tomatoes with garlic in anticipation of making that burger. As Etta James sang so memorably, "At last..."


We had burger, nice grass-raised burger. We had onions, sweetly sautéed onions. We had tomatoes, oven roasted with olive oil and garlic. We even had buns, fresh "sandwich rolls" from Semifreddi. We had cheese, cave-aged Gruyere. We were ready for takeoff on a flight to Swoon City.


For once, I neglected to put anything green at all on the plate. We did have salad for lunch, so perhaps that was good enough?  In any case, the huge, gloriously decorated hamburger is all we had for dinner that night. I couldn't finish mine, so My Beloved got a few extra bites.


The only change we made is that, not being cheeseburger lovers, we nibbled slices of the salty, tangy Gruyere on the side. You have to be a garlic hound like me to enjoy this burger but, if you are, you're in for a major treat. The redolent onions, the beefy, hearty meat, the tomatoes roasted to bring out their sweet side - let your imagination do the work here. It was amazing. As the French would say, "Oooh-La-La!"



10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Onions? Garlic? Tomatoes? Okay... I'll be right there. Sounds wonderful. I'm not much of a cheeseburger person either. It's not even ten in the morning and I'm drooling thinking of this burger.
You're lucky living where you are, sourcing all the foodie delights that you do.

Sunday, July 15, 2012  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Ever since Greg posted his lovely onions (remember the ones on the grilled cheese sandwich?) I've wanted to stew down a huge batch and freeze it in portions. I think Cranky wants to do it tomorrow!

Sunday, July 15, 2012  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Yesteryum, we do know just how lucky we are to have all these fresh ingredients on our doorstep.

Cookiecrumb, that's a good idea. Wish I had a larger freezer. I hope Cranky does it so you'll have killer onions whenever you want them.

Monday, July 16, 2012  
Blogger Greg said...

You did that burger proud!

Monday, July 16, 2012  
Blogger Greg said...

Hey cookiecrumb! You up and kicking yet?

Monday, July 16, 2012  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, thanks for the idea of that killer burger!

Monday, July 16, 2012  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Hey Greg! I think I just had my last appointment with the podiatrist this morning. Walking is very wobbly, but I am on the mend.

Monday, July 16, 2012  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, hooray! I hope your foot gets stronger as you begin to use it more. And I hope it doesn't hurt.

Monday, July 16, 2012  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

It doesn't hurt, Zoomie, but the doctor wants me to baby it for a long time. I may have a year of convalescence. He told me it was "a pretty bad break." Thanks for the love.

Monday, July 16, 2012  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, it sounded like a bad break when you described it. I'm glad it doesn't hurt. Be sure to follow doc's orders and take it easy.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home