Friday, January 6, 2012

More Holiday Gifting

Damn, but these cell phone cameras are getting good! Pretty soon, no one will bother with stand-alone cameras, they'll just point their phone at the view and shazam!

Which is what happened last week when My Beloved wanted to document the progress of our Christmas turkey to send to his daughters, who were both out of town for Christmas this year.

He got a great shot of my new silicone basting brush, a gift from my sister. Her gift last year was better - last year, she climbed into her little car and came out to visit us - but I like the baster, too.

It's pretty big, so it holds a lot of juice and the yellow head removes to go in the dishwasher, keeping the wooden handle in good shape for a long time to come. It did a fine job in helping the turkey to get nicely browned while keeping the inside moist.

There was a theme to my gifts this holiday season. I think everyone in my life reads me like a book. Jacques Pépin's autobiography, to be exact - another gift from My Beloved.

5 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Santa was good to you! :)

Friday, January 06, 2012  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Yeah, what about that great cell phone photo? (Have you gotten any use out of your own phone?)
Oh, I hope you love the autobio.

Friday, January 06, 2012  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, yes, he was, and so was Nancy! ;-)

Cookiecrumb, (No, not really. Buzz is good at whipping out his phone to take pictures but I never think of it - mostly because I never have it with me. Not wild about what I call "electronic leashes.")

So far, I am loving the memoir, indeed.

Friday, January 06, 2012  
Blogger troutbirder said...

Fun blog and great ideas. I must admit I ran across your post on rutabagas and found that it matched my own yourthful impressions exactly. I think I'll put a similar post on my own blog. Thanks for the laugh..... :)

Sunday, January 08, 2012  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Troutbirder, welcome! Glad to know another dog lover and rutabaga non-fan. Cheers!

Sunday, January 08, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home