Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer Classic

What else would I do with the baked bacon at this time of year?

BLAT, of course, on lightly toasted milk bread*. Crisp romaine lettuce, ripe summer 'matie, baked bacon, creamy avocado, a scrape of mayo and a drop or two of lemon juice.

Summer. Bring it on.


*I buy this bread in the little grocery down the hill. It's the best white bread I have tasted since Pepperidge Farm was sold to some huge conglomerate and the recipe changed drastically. This bread is baked in Berkeley (no bakery name on the wrapper) and has no preservatives, as you can see from the tiny spot of mold growing on the crust. If I don't freeze it or eat it up in a week, I am culturing cures for exotic diseases.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

It's gorgeous. I like the bakon idea, though I've never done it that way myself.
Laughing. Did you discover the speck of mold after you shot the photo?
:D

Wednesday, July 27, 2011  
Blogger Greg said...

I need a BLT! Downloading photo retouching brush to Zoomie ;)
If they can make Martha look so good in her mag we can take care of a little mold.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Greg: Cropping's even easier!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, yes, as I was writing the post I saw the mold and what can one do but include it?

Greg, Thanks for retouching the photo. I always suspected that there was a fair amount of "fixing" in the food mags. Now you've confirmed it.

Thursday, July 28, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home