Sunday, July 24, 2011

Caution

I have told you about these duck legs before, so I won't go into great detail about them, but I wanted to add two words of caution.

First, it's worth it to go looking for the lemon grass and the ginger - they add a lot of flavor.

Second, be careful when the recipe says you can walk away for two hours once the duck legs are in the oven. The first time I made the recipe, that was fine; the second time, I nearly burned the legs and the mirepoix was definitely toast - toast that stuck like super glue to the bottom of the roasting pan and resisted even 24 hours of soaking.

Next time, I'd start checking at 1.5 hours. I wouldn't have eaten those fat-soaked veggies, anyway, but if they had burned they would have made a mess of the legs and, as it was, the legs were a tad on the dry side.

Still a fine dinner, however, so go ahead and make it. Just be cautious.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Just duckie!Love the diagonal cut on the beans.

Sunday, July 24, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, well, it was Bastille Day, so I had to do _something_ French, didn't I? :-D

Sunday, July 24, 2011  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

LOVE Duck, just love it *quack*

Sunday, July 24, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Ms Mouse, I think you'd love this duck - quite quacky.

Sunday, July 24, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home