Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Turnabout

My Beloved is a wiz in the kitchen. He says he's competent but I'm the better cook. I say he could take over my job any day and I'd be out of work.

I wasn't feeling much like cooking one day last week, a rare occurrence for me, so he stepped in and made dinner. We had a Black Dragon tri-tip in the fridge, so he barbecued that, sautéed in butter
with garlic chips some of our trusty Swiss chard and sliced a nice ripe tomato topped with some leftover burrata. He even added a handful of colorful cherry tomatoes to the plate to pretty it up.

The man is a wiz.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Cooked to perfection.

Wednesday, September 08, 2010  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I'd ask to borrow him, but my guy does pretty good. Washes the dishes, too.
Bravo, BB.

Wednesday, September 08, 2010  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

You know, if times get bad, you could rent him out. "Good Husband for the Day." Services STRICTLY LIMITED! I'll bet you could really refill the bank account because there's always a need for good guys and good guys who cook - priceless.

Wednesday, September 08, 2010  
Blogger Buzz Baylis said...

Blushing .... MB

Wednesday, September 08, 2010  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Excellent, and we had some burrata this week too!

Thursday, September 09, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, yeah, he does a good job.

Cookiecrumb, we have two keepers, don't we?

Nancy, I see where this is going, kiddo - no thanks! :-)

Buzz, and well you should be.

Ms Mouse, how did you like the burrata? Guess I'll go look on your blog and see...

Thursday, September 09, 2010  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

I think I only tweeted it, I bought it thinking it was fior di latte (didn't read the label) and used it on pizza. Ooops. Lovely though!

Friday, September 10, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Ms Mouse, why not on pizza? It's all good.

Friday, September 10, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home