Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tickled With Pickles

I met my friend Carla when I agreed to be the block captain for our Neighborhood Watch program; Carla was the instigator of this group. We have a surprising amount of mostly petty crime here in our otherwise idyllic little town nestled against the bay, so Carla helped us to organize and try to defeat the Bad Guys. It has paid off - just this week one of our alert neighbors called the cops on four suspicious characters and nabbed them red-handed with a laptop they had stolen from a guy down the street. Those women are back in jail now - they were on parole, so their asses are grass this time.

Anyway, that has nothing to do with pickles except that Carla brought us a jar of hers to thank us for some scanning we did for the Neighborhood Watch program. Now, you may have noticed that if I write about pickled things, it's a rarity, because I honestly don't know what to do with them. I'm sort of a novice about pickles. Oh, I have made pickled beets from time to time and enjoyed them but that's the extent of my pickling knowledge.

So, hey, pickle fans! I'm tickled to receive pickles but I need help! How would you suggest I use this beautiful jar of pickled cauliflower?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Kailyn said...

I think you can't failed with using pickled stuff in a salad. But cauliflower? Hmmm. I'm thinking something with cheese -- like a pizza. Or I'd put it on a thick slice of bread, cover generously with cheese and throw it under the broiler. But of course I love anything with lots of cheese.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010  
Blogger Greg said...

Serve it as antipasto with cured meats and cheeses.MMMMMMM!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010  
Blogger kudzu said...

I'm with Greg. It's often part of the classic Italian mixed vegetable pickles on an antipasto platter. A couple of slices might be nice as part of a Med.-type sandwich, too (with mild ham and a soft cheese?).

I'm sure someone must have used it in a Martini by now in this cocktail-crazy time.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I would simply eat them, with toasted almonds, cheese, ham. I lurve pickles. Snackaroo!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Kailyn, all good ideas!

Greg, oh, my, yes!

Kudzu, I don't see myself drinking martinis but the antipasto idea has appeal.

Cookiecrumb, also a good idea - I have some friends coming for drinks on Thursday so I'll put some of this out for them with other nibbles.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home