Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hazelnut Heaven

I stole this from Margie, who borrowed it from Ilva who posted about it 'way back in 2007- and I owe them both a big THANK YOU!

It doesn't look like much, but it's one of the nicest cakes I've ever made - I'm thinking of suggesting it to daughter Katie as her wedding cake. Katie likes to do things a little differently and I'm almost sure she would love this at her wedding celebration. It is moist with sour cream, flavored with strong coffee and studded with coarsely chopped hazelnuts.
It's not that sweet, just a hint from the light dusting of confectioner's sugar, but it's loaded with espresso-and-hazelnut flavor. Can you imagine a better combination?

OMG, you can sell my clothes, I died and went to heaven! I shared a slice with two of my neighbors (very skinny slices - I'm not that generous!) and both raved about it, echoing my thoughts exactly.

I have to admit, it's a bit of a production compared to most things I bake, but the extra effort is amply rewarded. I hesitated when I read the recipe; toasting nuts is not my forte - I often burn them. But I persevered and set not one but two timers while the nuts were in the oven, and I'm ever so glad I did. The rest of the recipe is very easy. Don't wait! Make it tomorrow and send yourself to Hazelnut Heaven!


Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

I shall resist, else I'll have to sell all my clothes to buy bigger ones :(

Sunday, June 13, 2010  
Blogger Ilva said...

No it's me who has to say Thank You for being so kind! And I obviously have to make that cake again!

Monday, June 14, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Ms. Mouse, go ahead and make one - just give away the rest to your work mates. When I was working, I took the leftovers of all baked goods into the office and they disappeared in seconds.

Ilva, yes, you must! It really is exceptional. We had it for three or four days and it just kept getting better. Lovely recipe! Thank you.

Monday, June 14, 2010  
Anonymous Evil Empress said...

Looks and sounds absolutely delicious.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010  
Anonymous Evil Empress said...

Looks and sounds absolutely delicious!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Evil Empress, Evil Empress, it was, it was! :-)

Thursday, June 17, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home