Friday, December 11, 2009

Again With The Soup??

I'm a big fan of soup; I could eat soup twice a week and be a happy woman. My Beloved, maybe not so much. When I trotted out our third or fourth pot of soup in less than a month, his body English said, "Enough with the soup, lady!" He's from New York - he has eloquent body language.

Turkey soup, made from the simmered bones of Thanksgiving with carrots, onions and celery in the broth, then strained to remove the bones and used-up veggies. I picked the meat off the bones and added that to the soup. Once all the goodies were in the pot, I added new sliced carrots, some frozen peas, some sliced green onion and broken vermicelli for the final heating.

We each ate two bowls of soup - notice, please, that the body language did not translate into reluctance once the soup was on the table.
I couldn't finish my second bowl, so Cora got some, too, and I had only enthusiastic body language from her - she has a way of dancing on her hind legs that indicates strong approval.

Message received from the boy, however. I'll wait a while before making another pot of soup.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Your soup looks so warm and inviting.It has been so cold!

Friday, December 11, 2009  
Blogger meathenge said...

I made chicken soup this week! The boys and I really enjoyed it, even if Tiny E only had the broth. I was lucky enough to add a spoonful of Chilebrown's habanero sauce to my bowl, talking about a warming bowl of soup!

Biggles

Friday, December 11, 2009  
Anonymous Chilebrown said...

When would you like to meat for your Christmas present? The brandy has started to mellow the cake. This batch may be one of the best that the Fruitcake World has ever known!!!!!

Friday, December 11, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Uh-oh, he's still reluctant to gorge on your gorgeous soups as often as possible?
I finally convinced Cranky that soup is food. And he convinced me that chunky soup is even more food-like. You should have seen his minestrone the other day.
Your turkey soup would satisfy me.

Friday, December 11, 2009  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

I miss soup.

Friday, December 11, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, yes, freezing! Better now that the rain has come, however.

Biggles, I bow to your bravery. That sauce even smokes from my computer screen!

Chilebrown, anywhere, anytime. What' convenient for you? Aunt Virginia's hasn't come yet but I can give you half of hers in return if you want to wait a few days more?

Cookiecrumb, MB likes his soup chunky, too, but he'd rather have a hamburger. He's a boy; what can I say?

Saturday, December 12, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home