Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm thankful for My Beloved.

I'm thankful that my brothers and sister and their families are all in good health.

I'm thankful for two lovely daughters, not of my body but of my heart.

I'm thankful for our funny and beautiful granddaughter.

I'm thankful for a great bunch of friends, both new and enduring.

I'm thankful for the goofy mutt who shares our life and makes us laugh.

I'm thankful for my very comfortable lifestyle.

I'm thankful for humor that comes in my email.

I'm thankful for the thoughtful, intelligent family in the White House.

I'm especially thankful for the beauty around me daily - this sunset is just one example.

I'm thankful for the friends I've made through blogging and all they have taught me.

I'm spending Thanksgiving with dear friends, and my godson and his partner are coming up to help us celebrate. I'm glad that this holiday gives me a good excuse to think about what I'm grateful for and to talk about it to those who make me so thankful.

I hope you have as much to be thankful for as I do, and maybe even more.

Happy Thanksgiving.


8 Comments:

Anonymous Lea said...

lovely post. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your household!

Thursday, November 26, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Lea, thank you, you've made my day. Hope yours is fun and full of good things.

Thursday, November 26, 2009  
Blogger Anna Haight said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all you touch! Sounds like a particularly spectacular day is in store!

Thursday, November 26, 2009  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

Well said - and blessings be!

Thursday, November 26, 2009  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

We don't have Thanksgiving in Australia, which is such a shame. It's a wonderful secular holiday that I'd really actually enjoy celebrating.
Happy Thanksgiving to you & your beloved & Cora and everyone else too!

Thursday, November 26, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Special wishes for you, Zoomie. I'm thankful you're my friend.

Thursday, November 26, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Mouse: I'd say just go ahead and appropriate the holiday! Spread it; it would grow. But you have to remember that it's always about too much food (and how various participants want to see it prepared), and about abject family rudeness. Here in the US we're about to give it up, because of the inevitable bickering.

Thursday, November 26, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Anna, Nancy - Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Hope it's a memorable day.

Morgan, like Cookiecrumb says, I'd just adopt it. You don't have to include your families, if you don't want to. This year, we just had good friends - no squabbling! :-) And it's not obligatory to overeat, it just happens that way most of the time.

Cookiecrumb, your friendship has been fun for us, too. Give Cranky a big hug from me.

Friday, November 27, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home