Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Twiggy

I have a weakness for whimsy, especially in kitchen gadgets. Give me a colorful whisk or a flower-shaped spatula and I'm a happy woman. It makes me smile to have utilitarian and functional items that are just plain silly.

Needless to say, this basting brush was irresistible. I'll be basting my Thanksgiving turkeys with this, for sure.

It's made with silicone, so it will withstand high heat, the handle is long enough to keep the hot spatters at bay, the floppy "needles" hold a nice amount of sauce or juice for basting and, best of all, it's a twig, or heaven's sake.

Who thinks up these things? I'd love to meet the designer who came up with this idea; we'd be best friends.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Ha! And I'll bet it's easier to clean than those paint-brush jobbies!

Thursday, November 26, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Morgan, good point! Happy Thanksgiving!

Thursday, November 26, 2009  
Blogger Anna Haight said...

I love my silicon brush, but it's not near as cute as this one!

Thursday, November 26, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Anna, pretty is as pretty does - the floppy "needles" actually ended up being less effective than shorter ones would have been. Enjoy yours!

Friday, November 27, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home