Saturday, December 8, 2007

Kitchen Play

Looking around my kitchen, I realized that functionality is a big value for me but I seem also to enjoy playfulness. Some of these tools I purchased but others have been gifts from friends and family who seem to understand my love of whimsy.

Here's a little quiz. You'll recognize the Santa egg whisk, the yellow duck nail brush and the tomato timer perhaps but what's the function of the star on the end of the long stick between the pink octopus dish brush (with soap in a cavity in the head) and the green fish soap holder under the squid whisk that always make me smile when I use it? Will you hazard a guess?

6 Comments:

Blogger peter said...

I have the squid whisk too; I bought it for my Mom in Paris years ago.

Is the star thingy a spider for fishing things out of a pot?

Saturday, December 08, 2007  
Blogger Dagny said...

I have no clue what the star is for but it's mighty pretty. In fact I love your whole collection. Once more, you're making me think that I need to do some shopping.

Saturday, December 08, 2007  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Swizzle stick?

Saturday, December 08, 2007  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

A whisk or a thing for holding bread over a fire, to toast it?

Saturday, December 08, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Peter, aren't the squid whisks the best? I have given them as gifts to several friends!

Dagny, enjoy your shopping!

Cookiecrumb, close, but not cigar.

DMM, interesting ideas but wrong-o! :-)

Sunday, December 09, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

The star thingy is a magic wand, a gift from the mother of my Fairy Godchildren. Indispensible for such things as saving failed sauces and rescuing burned toast.

Monday, December 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home