Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Spoiled

Grilled Greek lamb kabobs and corn on the cob. Steamed chard with garlic chips. All lovingly cooked and presented by My Beloved and all I had to do was whine a little bit about how tired I was after a day of laundry, vacuuming and dog walking without even an afternoon nap.

The kabobs were really delicious, steeped in yogurt and lemon juice at the store before he purchased them. The corn was fresh, firm and slicked with butter - and the grilling gives it an almost nutty flavor. This is his patented Swiss chard preparation, the one he used to introduce me to this wonderful veg many years ago. All he did was melt some butter, gently sauté the garlic in it, then add the chard with the water from washing just clinging to the leaves, put on the lid and wait about five minutes - it is always delicious. And revivifying. I may summon enough energy now to carry our dessert down the hall and settle in in front of the television, right next to the sweet guy who spoiled me so nicely today.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

All power to the whine if it gets you all that!

Tuesday, September 22, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Aw, he did the chard trick. Smooth.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009  
Blogger Buzz Baylis said...

The eyes at half mast was the major clue that the chef needed a break!

MB

Tuesday, September 22, 2009  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Spoiled rotten - wow, now I'm wondering what I'd have to do to get dinner cooked for me.
Going back to work would be a start ;)

Tuesday, September 22, 2009  
Blogger Greg said...

A wonderful treat! Did you say vacuum the dog!!??

Tuesday, September 22, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Nancy, I'm good at whining.

Cookiecrumb, ha! You always have just the right words!

Buzz, if you're not careful, I'll go around with sleepy eyes all the time!

Morgan, one more day before you head back to the salt mines. Enjoy it to the fullest and I'll hope that Poss allows you to scratch her ears today.

Greg, No, no, just _walk_ the dog three times, not vacuuming her! I'm afraid she'd freak if I approached her with the vacuum!

Wednesday, September 23, 2009  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Poss brought me her baby last night, I almost DIED of the cute.

Friday, September 25, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home