Friday, September 18, 2009

Salami Sammy

I really shouldn't be as excited as I am about this sandwich - after all, it's just grilled cheese on white bread. Ho-hum, should be a snore. I made myself the plain cheese version but My Beloved opted to try a slice or two of salami in his. The addition of a spicy salami made all the difference between plain old comfort food (note: I adore plain old comfort food!) and something a little bit special.

The Swiss cheese gentled the bite of the salami and the salami sparked the mellow cheese - truly a match made in heaven. In the past, I haven't been a big consumer of salami; isn't it great how things can change overnight? Or over a single bite?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Chilebrown said...

Your plate is Way Kool. I sorta of had a flash back. A Giant sandwich hovering over the town.

Friday, September 18, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Chilebrown, yes, almost like one of those funky Japanese horror flicks from the '50s.

Saturday, September 19, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home