Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Italian Job

When I made the Tortilla Soup last week, I thought nothing could ever be better than that. It was literally one of the best meals I have ever made. My Beloved and I were sorely tempted to abandon all the table manners our mothers had worked so hard to instill when we were children and to drink it straight from the bowl - it was that good!

Luckily, there was a little left over. The chicken was all gone but the broth with some of the veggies was tucked carefully away in the fridge to re-emerge the other night for a second go-around.

This time, I browned some mild Italian sausage in small "meatballs" until it was all caramelized and a little crispy on the outside. Warmed the soup, poached some sliced fresh green beans and additional fresh corn in the broth, then added the sausage bits at the last minute.

Now I have two contenders: Mexican or Italian? It's a tough decision when both are the Best Soup I've Made, Ever!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

You are a rock star at something that eludes us at the house, using leftovers. I just cleaned the refer and found tons of "science projects".
Most of which could have made soup.

Sunday, September 06, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I'm guessing it's two things: Brilliance, and the fabulous chicken stock.
By the way, I would totally drink the soup from the bowl. Don't invite me over for soup.
You are brilliant.

Sunday, September 06, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, I don't tell you about the cures for various diseases that languish undiscovered in my fridge; I only tell you about the successes. :-)

Cookiecrumb, I think it's mainly the brilliant chicken stock.

Monday, September 07, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home