Friday, September 4, 2009

If You Love Pulled Pork...

- and who doesn't? - you might want to give this stuff a try. In my quest to try things I've never had before, it finally dawned on me that I could try - well, duh! - some convenience foods, too. Having been taught mostly to cook from scratch, it rarely occurs to me to look for already-prepared foods. I happened upon this package at my local supermarket. I'm one of those people who will almost always order the pulled pork sandwich if it's on a restaurant menu, so this was a natural for me.

I liked it. It was mildly spicy (and I'm a spice wimp, so you can trust me on this one) and sweetly smoky with nice big chunks of tender pork. The barbecue sauce hadn't been ruined with too much sugar nor that hideous fake smoke flavor that dominates so many commercial sauces. I might have liked a little tang to follow but that's nitpicking. It was seriously good pulled pork and I'd buy it again any time I need a quick and delicious lunch or dinner. If you love pulled pork like I do, get thee to thy local store and pig out!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Kailyn said...

I'm going to have to look for that. Usually if someone is visiting Virginia, I might ask them to stop by Pierce's or somewhere similar and have them bring back some containers for me.

Friday, September 04, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Ha ha. Gluten free. Which is funny, because it's just meat, until you realized we're also talking about sauce, which can have all sorts of poison lurking in it. Thanks!
Cranky wants some now.

Friday, September 04, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

He ran out and bought some. Our store is a half mile away.
Tomorrow I'm making corn arepas to put the pork on. I'll blog about it; you'll want to make some too.

Friday, September 04, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Kailyn, this isn't like North Carolina barbecue (except for the big pieces of pork) but it's lovely in that other, tomato-y way.

Cookiecrumb, yes, they can tuck all kinds of nasty stuff into sauces - good to be careful! I'm tickled that Cranky was tempted enough to actually go looking! :-)

Saturday, September 05, 2009  
Blogger Chilebrown said...

I love pulled pork, but this seems blasphemous to me in so many ways.

Saturday, September 05, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Chilebrown: We're girls.

Saturday, September 05, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Chilebrown, I knew you and the good Doctor would disapprove... :-)

Sunday, September 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home