Monday, September 7, 2009

The Big Easy

Not New Orleans, honeychild, but a nice big package of ribs in barbecue sauce from Niman Ranch. Looking for something I could cook on the grill and not start the oven during our recent unlamented heatwave, I stumbled upon these pre-cooked and pre-sauced pork ribs. All I did was light the charcoal and flip them once. They were done to a turn in 10 minutes flat - even beat the veggies to the table!

They were good. Seriously, stickily, finger-licking, red mustache-making, three paper napkin using, bless my soul good!

If I were the nitpicking kind, I might suggest that you baste them with a little of their sauce from the package mixed with a tiny bit of apple cider vinegar to just slightly temper the sweetness (that's what I'll do next time) but I'm not the nitpicking kind. We tucked right in to these big beauties and enjoyed every bite. One rack of these meaty darlings was plenty for the two of us and you could easily stretch them further if you served them with more sides than we did - maybe some cornbread or hush puppies?

Anyway, they were big in flavor and dead easy.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

You serve shoes as a side dish???

Monday, September 07, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Morgan, colloquialism. A Southern favorite in our country are hushpuppies, a fried corn sort of a dumpling. Delicious when done properly and they are filling!

Monday, September 07, 2009  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

Oh lord - those look so good I could eat the computer monitor. Where did you get them?

Monday, September 07, 2009  
Blogger Katie Zeller said...

Oh My God!!!!
They look soooo good. I miss ribs.... We can't get them here.... Maybe on my trip back next week....

Monday, September 07, 2009  
Blogger Chilebrown said...

I think I am goning to puke, Sorry!

Pre Cooked Ribs? Huh? Pre Cooked pulled pork? What is next? Pre cooked Pop Tarts-ala-mode.

JEEZE LOUISE

Monday, September 07, 2009  
Blogger The Blushing Hostess said...

Oh, that looks marvelous and perfect for us on the holiday weekend!

That first comment cracks me up.

Tuesday, September 08, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Nancy, you can find them at Andronico's or, if you don't have one near you, any market that sells Niman Ranch stuff might have them.

KatieZ, hope you get your ribs while you are Stateside.

Chilebrown, I know, I know! Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. But they were maxima delicious.

Blushing hostess, welcome and, yes, Morgan is a card!

Tuesday, September 08, 2009  
Blogger Karine said...

Yours ribs look delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

Thursday, September 10, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Karine, welcome! You live in one of my all-time favorite cities. J'adore Toronto!

Thursday, September 10, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home