Friday, July 24, 2009

Cool As The Proverbial Cucumber

The perfect summer lunch for a day that dawned clear as a bell, built the heat by 11am and promised to be even hotter in the afternoon. I had just returned from errands in the interior of Marin County where it gets really hot during the summer and wanted a light but tasty lunch.

Cucumber sandwich on plain white bread sliced as thinly as possible with the Slice-a-Slice, spread with a dab of mayonnaise and studded with thick slices of peeled cucumber.

To drink, the chamomile-mint tea I learned how to make last year - cooling and delicious. Sat down with a good book as I nibbled my way through a favorite summertime treat.


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Ohgah, that Slice a Slice device is glorious. You really own one? I couldn't even find one on eBay. (Although I imagine they pop up now and then.)
Commercial gluten-free bread is presliced, and in fat slabs, as you'd expect.
Such a pwetty widdle samwidge.

Friday, July 24, 2009  
Blogger julie said...

it's hot in marin?? it sure is freezing in san francisco! i'm eating soup every day!

Friday, July 24, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Oh my. You blogged about the Slice a Slice almost two years ago. Do we go back that far??? (xoxo)

Friday, July 24, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, it was a legacy from my mother - I lifted it from her kitchen after she went to heaven. :-)

Julie, yes, Marin gets hot almost every day, as long as you're a mile or five away from the bay. Sometimes, I go there just for the warmth!

Cookiecrumb, holy cow, can that be true?? I guess we qualify as old pals, then.

Saturday, July 25, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home