Monday, May 25, 2009

Saucy Ravioli

I was late getting home but My Beloved had, blessedly, stopped at the farmer's market and found that Home Maid was there selling lobster ravioli. Being the thoughtful and hungry man that he is, he purchased a box of them and carried them home in triumph.

Lobster in the middle of the week and for no special reason. Is it any wonder that I'm nuts about this guy?

We shelled some fresh peas, popping pods together while Cora dashed around snapping up the wayward few. I made a quick and simple sauce of Greek yogurt thinned with a splash of light cream and gently warmed it, infusing it with fresh lemon thyme from the pot garden outside the front door. In less time than it takes to tell, we sat down to a sumptuous dinner of plump raviolis gently sparked with the tangy/creamy/lemony flavorful sauce.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Chilebrown said...

Was Buzz hangin with Narsai again? Those raviolis are pretty decent. Next time you go to Fatted Calf in Napa go down the street to
http://www.madmeatgenius.com/2008/12/malfatti.html

Monday, May 25, 2009  
Blogger Kailyn said...

Have you thought about cloning Buzz for the rest of us?

Monday, May 25, 2009  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Lobster in the middle of the week! You hedonists.

Monday, May 25, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Chilebrown, he didn't mention Narsai. :-) Malfatti, huh? Sounds intriguing.

Kailyn, all the girls (and some guys) ask me that.

Morgan, all I can say is, "hed-on, baby!" Life is good.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I'm so impressed by your simple sauce which sounds rich and delicious.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, guess what! I was thinking "what would Cookiecrumb do for a creamy sauce but not made with all that fatty stuff?" and that's how I came up with this one. No kidding. You inspire me.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Wow! Thanks. We have some inspiration-trading to do, you and me, pal.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home