Thursday, February 26, 2009

We Knew Her When...

We knew her when she was a shy and coltish college student just learning about independence. We watched her fondly when she was trying out her summer jobs at Whole Foods and her brother's restaurant. We cheered when she landed her first publishing job. We followed her when she started writing Orangette and made us laugh and cry with her lovely stories. We danced at her wedding when Orangette brought her the man of her dreams. We were thrilled when she landed a gig with Bon Appetit magazine for a monthly column.

And we are so freaking proud of her now when her first book, A Homemade Life, Stories and Recipes From My Kitchen Table is being published and she's having her first readings and book signings!

My Beloved has known her all her life; she is his niece. I've only had the pleasure of knowing her since she was a teenager. It has been a kick for us both to see her blossom.

You can all hear her talk about A Homemade Life and ask her to sign your copy next month when Molly Wizenberg comes to the Book Passage store* in the Ferry Building in San Francisco. Mark the date, Wednesday, March 11th, 6:00pm.

My Beloved and I will be there bragging to everyone that we knew her when.

*Book Passage is an excellent independent bookstore; while you can buy Molly's book in many places, don't miss a chance to support independent booksellers. They are a vanishing breed and we need them.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Awww! You're too good to me. Can't wait to see you two and give you a big hug... xoxo

Thursday, February 26, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Holy tomoley, Zoomie! I almost thought this was an obituary; all those past tenses!
I'm almost as thrilled as you are about Molly's book (relatives get to be most thrilled). Can't wait to find it. I've seen the cover, and it's brills.

Thursday, February 26, 2009  
Blogger Cookerguy said...

Sweet you two are ten "bookmarks" away in my nightly blog reading. It'll be on my shelf shortly. Congrats to both households.

Thursday, February 26, 2009  
Blogger Anna Haight said...

Wonderful news! I had no idea you were related!

Thursday, February 26, 2009  
Blogger Deetsa said...

I can't wait to read her book. She's a wonderful writer. I had no idea, too, that she was a relative.

Now if only Amazon would let me actually find it... hmmm...

Thursday, February 26, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Molly, we are looking forward to it, too!

Cookiecrumb, Molly sent me a copy but I'm buying a whole bunch more for this year's birthday and Christmas presents!

X Chef, welcome and thanks for the kind words!

Anna, yes, we are related to foodie royalty. I'm just a "calabash" relative but MB is the real deal!

Nerissa, she is, indeed, a gifted writer. I'm always impressed! If you can't find it, go to Orangette - she has a link on her home page direct to Amazon, I think.

Friday, February 27, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fantastic! No wonder you're so proud. I look forward to the book!

Monday, March 02, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to get a copy of Molly's book. How excited you must be. We just need her to do a book signing in San Jose!

Friday, March 06, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Naomi, I can lend you my copy if you like!

Mrs. L, I know! So near and yet so far! But the book is great so you'll enjoy it even if your copy is not autographed.

Saturday, March 07, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home