Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Morgan, Avert Your Eyes

DancingMorganMouse, I apologize for yet another poached egg picture but I couldn't resist bragging on my Swiss chard, which is still charding despite being temporarily overwhelmed by the weeds in my garden.

During our brief dry spell, I offed the weeds and discovered the chard underneath, still valiantly producing delicious leaves without any assistance or fertilizer from me. I plucked a few of the biggest ones to poach briefly in the same water as the egg (I'm still on a water-saving kick, you see) and to nestle up against my corned-beef-hash-with-nasty-poached-egg dinner.

So, please forgive the eggs and just shade your eyes from the upper portion of this photo.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Deetsa said...

I must have missed that comment during my disappearance. What is so bad about poached eggs that Morgan doesn't like? Personally, I'm a huge fan of poached.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Nerissa, it's the "egg blood" that makes her woozy. :-)

Wednesday, February 25, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I don't mind egg blood as long as it's yellow. I can't stomach liquidy white egg blood, though.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009  
Blogger Anna Haight said...

I only get woozy with those red spots on fertilized eggs.oohh gives me the willies just thinking about it!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Too late!
*faints dead away*
Nerissa, yes, runny egg yolk makes me fee funny inside in a bad way.

Thursday, February 26, 2009  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

I've just read Anna's comment, and remembered finding a whole bebe chook in an egg - nightmares for me tonight then!

Thursday, February 26, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Morgan, no wonder you have a hard time with eggs! Had I ever found a chick inside, I'd never have eaten eggs of any kind again!

Friday, February 27, 2009  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Zoomie, I didn't for a very long time. And after that always carefully broke each egg into a bowl before adding it to the mix, just in case!

Friday, February 27, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Morgan, my mother always broke eggs into a separate bowl or cup first, too - I wonder if she had an upsetting experience like yours... can't ask her yet - she's in heaven.

Saturday, February 28, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home