Thursday, May 15, 2008

Spring Soup

Yes, I've been at it again, making chicken stock for soup, even though the warm weather is here.

Cousin J-Yah was coming over to take her happy yellow lab for a walk in Point Isabel dog park, one of my favorite places to get some exercise and a dog fix. With acres and acres of unleashed canine heaven, I get to enjoy all kinds of dogs there from the tiniest of mincing Chihuahuas to the rangiest of Irish Wolfhounds. The dogs all seem to get along there and play nicely together like well-behaved but joyous kindergartners. There is a lot of good-natured butt-sniffing going on but rarely any show of aggression or competition. That's not always equally true of the owners.

Before braving the wilds of Point Isabel, however, I felt we needed sustenance so into my homemade chicken stock I popped some organic peas, carrots and spring onions just until the peas were wrinkly but still bright green. Even Mia got a small bowl, which she slurped down in avid fashion. Thus fortified, we took her off to the park on one of the loveliest spring days this year.

Later: Whew, can't believe this soup post fell on the hottest day of the year! Wish I had a salad post to substitute - just reading this makes me crabby today!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

It's too darn hot! It's too darn hot! I settled for a spring salad with a side of avocado and some feta cheese. In fact, it's so hot I've lost my appetite which is very rare. However, your spring soup looks delicious even if the weather gods ganged up to sabotage you.

Thursday, May 15, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Nancy, yes, we've become such heat wimps living here! Your salad sounds wonderful, cool and perfect. From the look of the horizon we'll have another hot one tomorrow - no fog in sight.

Thursday, May 15, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home