Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Sweet Season

Recently, I went to the farmer's market over in Marin, dodging giant SUVs and baby strollers to bring home a bounty of fresh fruit.

First, the strawberries and now, in a delicious parade, the cherries, raspberries and nectarines. These were white nectarines, dripping with flavor and so unbelievably sweet. All I did was slice them into a bowl, add a few raspberries and cherries for My Beloved who loves variety and plunked them on the table. Later, I'll feel jaded enough to make them into something but, for now, we are simply relishing the return of the sweet season.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

What a great reminder that it's now the season of great fruit. Now that the painters are finished with my apartment, I am heading on down to the farmer's market to get me some peaches and cherries.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Nancy, enjoy the bounty!

Thursday, June 12, 2008  
Blogger Dagny said...

Just saw your photo over at SFist once more. I think they really like your food.

Thursday, June 12, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, thanks for alerting me - I'll go over and see what they said!

Thursday, June 12, 2008  
Blogger Katie Zeller said...

Add some vanilla yogurt to that and you have my daily summer lunch...

Sunday, June 15, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

KatieZ, hmmmm, interesting combination! I'll have to try that!

Monday, June 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home