Friday, August 23, 2013

Better Late, part two

Still in the meme theme, here are my answers to the rest of the questions posed by The Hungry Dog's author.

6. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

I'd get people to stop trashing their planet. The scope of this problem is gigantic and universal - we even leave junk in space!  If I had a magic wand, all governments would be actively pursuing clean energy options, corporations would stop fiddling with the DNA of living things, and people would never exceed the carrying capacity of the place where they live.  There would be room for all species (except maybe mosquitos) and the interdependencies between us and other species would be understood and respected. I guess that's more than one thing, but it all stems from lived respect for the Earth.

7. What is your greatest talent?

Persistence. Everything I have achieved and am proud of came from persistence. I'm not the smartest person on earth, nor the cleverest, but I keep trying even when the odds are not in my favor.

8. What skill do you wish you had?

Leadership. I'm not a chief, I'm a brave, but there's a little part of me that would like to take charge.

9. Do you prefer sweet or savory?

Savory, definitely.

10. Have you ever lived abroad?  If so, where?

I have lived for a year each in Canada (Newfoundland), France, and Japan. I'd love to live in Ireland for a year, England for a year, France again for a year or two, Belgium for a year, and possibly Italy for a year.  Probably those choices because I speak passable French (and Italian is similar) and my ancestors are from Ireland and England. 

11. What motivates you to keep blogging?

I love the exercise of writing, of trying to find the best words to describe something and of trying to structure sentences clearly and amusingly. I also love that blogging often leads me to family memories and stories that I might otherwise have forgotten.  The blog posts that get the most audience reaction are ones when I write about my family and friends. I wonder if I never had any comments if I would keep on blogging - I think so, but it wouldn't be nearly as much fun.

So, many thanks to The Hungry Dog for tagging me in this meme. Sorry it took so long! It was fun and thought-provoking, just like her blog.  I'd like to tag a couple of people on this meme: Cookiecrumb at I'm Mad and I Eat; Chilebrown at Mad Meat Genius; DianaLouisa at Musings; and KatieZ at Thyme for Cooking, the blog.  If you don't feel like doing it, just ignore the tag, but I'd be interested to read your answers.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

A great meme - I especially like #6 which is in line with my wish as well.

Friday, August 23, 2013  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Nancy, if you'd enjoy the meme, I can tag you, too! :-) Go for it!

Friday, August 23, 2013  
Blogger Diane said...

Perfect. Just when I needed some inspiration. And a good challenge. Thanks for the tag. I loved reading all of your answers, and I second Nancy's comment on number six. So needed.

Saturday, August 24, 2013  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Diane, great! I will look forward to reading your answers!

Sunday, August 25, 2013  
Blogger Katie Zeller said...

That was fun! Like Diane - I'm in need of inspiration.... Hope you're feeling better!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Katie, I will look forward to your answers.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home