Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Holy Cow!

When I make hamburgers, I like to make them from scratch. I usually buy a tri-tip roast or top round, and chop it in my food processor. My Beloved likes to eat the first bit raw; I don't trust hamburger chopped by someone else for raw consumption so I do it myself to be sure it's fresh. He'd probably prefer eating his entire burger raw, for that matter, but he restrains his cannibalistic tendencies while I cook the burgers.

So, here's the masterpiece: Chilebrown's buns, freshly chopped and seared burger, a big slice of ripe tomato, some sautéed mushrooms, a dab of mayo and a frill of lettuce.

Holy Cow, that's good!

7 Comments:

Anonymous jann said...

Oh, I am so there for that with my own cannibalistic tendencies.

Wednesday, November 02, 2011  
Blogger Greg said...

From tri-tip...is there enough fat?

Wednesday, November 02, 2011  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

I had some steak tartar that I make myself from some grass fed beef - bought at the Ferry Building. It cost about as much as a gold brick but it was worth it. However, I skipped the raw egg - that would have been a bit too much.

Wednesday, November 02, 2011  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Such a glorious picture of healthy food! Glad to hear you grind your own meat. When we have steak tartare, we finely chop it with a knife; satisfying.

Wednesday, November 02, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Jann, well, come on down - we can make you one!

Greg, yes, tri-tip is pretty well marbled - that's why it tastes so good - and it makes a nice, juicy burger. You can add a little if you want, but we were happy.

Nancy, good meat is worth the price, even if it does stop your heart for a second. :-) I'm with you - don't need raw egg - but My Beloved would love that, too.

Cookiecrumb, it's quick and easy to chop our own and nice to know it's fresh. Tastes much better, too, when freshly chopped.

Thursday, November 03, 2011  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Yum, I'm with you, I rarely trust raw or "blue" cooked food not made by me :)

Friday, November 04, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Ms Mouse, when you visit, I will make you some freshly ground beef. :-)

Friday, November 04, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home