Monday, August 15, 2011

Team Effort

These days, cooking in my kitchen is a team effort, even when I'm all by myself. I get so many ideas from the interwebs that I feel like I have several sous chefs working with me.

In this case, I used KatieZ's marinade for our chuck roast and Chilebrown's technique for indirect grilling.

It marinated for several days in Katie's flavorful bath - I only meant to marinate for an afternoon but fun stuff kept coming up and it kept getting shoved back in the fridge for another day. The marinade penetrated deep into the meat and made it wonderfully tender and tasty.

Forty-five minutes on the grill with baskets of live coals on either side and a drip pan underneath: Chilebrown maintains that even cheap cuts of meat become tender with this treatment. If you don't already know it, Chilebrown is a genius at the barbecue. He was exactly right - it takes a little longer to cook but the tender succulence is worth the patience.

I thank my team for their ideas and for a terrific dinner.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Chilebrown said...

Bravo!

Monday, August 15, 2011  
Blogger Greg said...

What Chilebrown said!

Monday, August 15, 2011  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

How cool is that. It looks good. I kill meat on the grill, but I would try this.

Monday, August 15, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Chilebrown, thanks!

Greg, thanks!

Cookiecrumb, listen to the Master - he knows all about outdoor cooking. I killed the first one by not following his instructions. :-)

Monday, August 15, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home