Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Good Problem

Nobody needs a recipe in summer when the berries and the melons coincide. Any combo will do, and do nicely. For breakfast, lunch or dessert, or even for a snack.

The only drawback I can find is that the melon is so sweet, it can make the berries seem downright tangy. It reminded me of the problem I encountered last weekend when the outfit I purchased months ago for Katie's wedding turned out to be 'way too big for me now, thanks to my verging-on-the-sadistic Masters swimming coach. Unfortunately, I found that out on the day of the wedding when I went to get dressed and had to ditch that idea in favor of an older but smaller outfit.

This is a good problem to have, right? Like having melons so sweet that they make perfectly sweet berries seem tart. Hard to drum up any sympathy.

8 Comments:

Blogger Katie Zeller said...

That's a very good problem... and a very good photo. We have a melon sitting on the counter right at the moment!

Saturday, August 06, 2011  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Aren't the cantaloupes INSANE this summer?
PS, eat the berries first, prime your taste buds for that insane sweetness.

Saturday, August 06, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Katiez, me, too - another one just waiting for tomorrow's breakfast.

Cookiecrumb, I like to alternate bites - surprises the taste buds.

Saturday, August 06, 2011  
Blogger Chilebrown said...

It is a wonderfulg thing that we are all good friends. I know your outfit was perfect. Why do Women worry so much?

Saturday, August 06, 2011  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

You're getting no sympathy from this little brown mouse that's for sure ;)

Saturday, August 06, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Chilebrown, you're right, it worked out just fine. Not worth the angst it caused at the time.

Ms Mouse, aw, c'mon, not even a little? :-)

Sunday, August 07, 2011  
Blogger Greg said...

The kind of problem that we all should have. That photo is a big old happy face. Yum!

Sunday, August 07, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, I was pretty proud of that photo, I must admit. It turned out just as I had hoped, something that doesn't happen every time. :-)

Sunday, August 07, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home