Friday, August 5, 2011

Hot Stuff

Well, actually, it was cold stuff, but so good it was hot. And a little spicy. Not Chilebrown spicy, just wimp spicy. But delicious nonetheless.

Burr-ish-tos. Not quite burritos - smaller and less heavy. Flour tortillas found in the freezer - time to use them up. Cold roast chicken, pulled to shreds. Fresh ripe tomato, cut in wedges. Fresh ripe avocado, cut in slices. Some strange package of pre-cooked rice and black beans that I discovered in my pantry but have no memory of buying, heated in a pan. Green flakes of fresh cilantro, for us soapwort lovers. A little medium-hot picante sauce from a jar and a driz of Cholula hot sauce. So far, you're yawning -right? - and wondering why I chose to highlight this somewhat pedestrian meal.

It's all about the cheese. Chunky curds of goat cheese purchased at the farmer's market, made by Achadinha Cheese Company in Petaluma. The goat cheese lent a slightly different flavor than the milder cheese we usually use and, I'd say, it made all the difference. I'm making them this way ever after.

Try it! It's hot stuff.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Chilebrown said...

Sounds good in a Zoomie kind of way. I have nevery heard of anybody freezing left over tortillas before. We may make a hot sauce freak out of you yet. I hope you know Cholula is a gateway sauce.

Friday, August 05, 2011  
Blogger Greg said...

Use it or lose it leftovers burrito. A splendid effort.

Friday, August 05, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Chilebrown, if Cholula is the way toward addiction, so be it. It's delicious and I can slather more than one of those supernova sauces where I can only dot.

Friday, August 05, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, thank you, kind sir. Like you, I can't bear to waste food. My frugal mother would not approve.

Friday, August 05, 2011  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I never had a cold burrito, but it sounds so nice and salady.
We'll call you Zumi from now on. Ole!

Friday, August 05, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, ¡Zumi! ¡Ha! ¡Si! :-D

Friday, August 05, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home