Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Embellishment

Chunks of chicken - check.
Chunks of cantaloupe - check.
Onions, in this case scallions - check
Dijon mustard - check
Mayo - check

I was making Cookiecrumb's chicken salad with cantaloupe and salivating, just thinking about that dinner.

Then, when I was assembling the salad, I went off the rails a bit.

I got to thinking about what a wonderful funk curry would add to the sweet melon and onion shtick, so I went there, too. I tossed all this stuff together in a bowl and spooned out onto lettuce leaves the best chicken salad I've ever made.

Then, I got to thinking about those goat cheese curds that I had in the fridge and couldn't resist crumbling just a few on each portion, to point up the sweet melon with a lively bite of pure goatness.

Cookiecrumb's salad was a lily that didn't need gilding, but I did it anyway and we literally inhaled it. Either way, you gotta try chicken cantaloupe salad before the melons are just a sweet memory.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Check and double check. You making me hungry!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

How cute! You had a lot of fun with it. (Making mental notes.)

Wednesday, August 10, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, reading food blogs will do that to one. It inspires me to get cookin'!

Cookiecrumb, I plan to make several riffs on this delicious theme. Great idea!

Thursday, August 11, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home